My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Friday, May 19, 2006

Every night this week I've been building the Ikea furniture that we purchased last week. My family all goes to bed at 7:30, so I have a lot of free-time for such ventures as construction. Around 10, my mind begins to warp, yet I persevere, because dammit, I WILL finish this project TONIGHT.
Here's the thought process at 11:
My friend Shirley told me about another company like Ikea, but it's from Norway. Man, what's the name?

11:45:
I hate building furniture. Why is this piece upside-down?
Norway = Norwegian.
Norwegian furniture design must RULE.

11:50:
Norwegian furniture. From Norwegia. Furniture from the Nor-ish part of the world.
Nor furniture.

12:15:
For the love of god, please can I now quit? I don't care if this piece is upside down. One day I will travel to Nor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

HA! I want to go to Nor also. You are funny. Too funny. Your funny has ripped a hole in the space-time continuum and we are all destroyed. The end.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

My thought processes at the same times

11:45: ..............(asleep)
11:50: ..............
12:15: ..............

Later...

1:20:
Oh please no, only 10 minutes until the alarm goes off. Maybe if I don't think about anything I'll fall back asleep and it will FEEL like a long time.

1:30:
(amidst beeping) No, no, no. Not again. Not today.

1:30 1/2:
Oh good, robbie just decided to chill last night, no new ikea furniture in the living room.

1:43:
(Upon entering kitchen area) Geez! She DID do Ikea furniture. Damn! She did the desk, and nothing is upside down, and it looks freakin sweet.

1:44:
Peanut butter and jelly or bagel with butter?

6:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Since you were scared that Matthew would find and ridicule your blog, you'll be pleased to know that he read it aloud to me (IKEA + Ant war) while I was spinning last night.

Now you know his secret: Prickly caustic outside, soft curmudgeonly center.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home