My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I pass through Security Land everyday. When the door opens to the World O'Fun (otherwise known as work), I have exactly two seconds to make a very important decision. Should I take the elevator, or should I take the stairs?
For the average Joe, this might seem like a thoughtless commitment, especially when Joe is dealing with only ONE flight of stairs. But no matter what I'm thinking about at the time, my mind makes an immediate shift for, "Will you choose to be lazy, or actually make the effort to use a few muscles?"
As often as I pass through the door, the angel of exercise appears on one shoulder, and the demon of sloth appears on the other. The demon usually wins. "Drinks aren't allowed in the gallery, and you, my Friend, have a cup of water... no matter that you're an employee!" Happily I walk into the elevator, arteries hardening all the while.
Without a water, the decision is a little more complex. I hear whispers of, "Take the stairs... circulation is important... you have bad genes and this would help reverse the signs of aging...."
When my chi is balanced with that of the earth, I leave my decision to the gods of health and well-being. If my fate is to exercise, the elevator light will come on and the doors will not open. If I'm allowed, just this once, to enter the elevator free of guilt, then I'm not even punished with thoughts of disappointment for the entire ride.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Hey Fatty! TAKE THE STAIRS.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home