My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Who knew that miscarriage would bring presents?

In any sort of event at the Werner household, you can bet that I'm going to research it right away. For the 4th birthday coming up, I've Googled the Butterfly cake image gallery 1,000 times to find THE ONE. In the case of coughing and sneezing last winter when Amaris was sick every single month, we have a chart saved on the computer for the differences between allergies and colds, remedies, and a guide on when to take kids to the doctor. Recently, I've had to do my own reading on what exactly is happening with my body and this miscarriage. The one thing I didn't come across in any article was "What to gift a woman with upon learning of her miscarriage."
Here's a list of the stuff my family has benefitted from:
- ICE CREAM
- soap and hand stuff to make them beautifully soft
- chicken soup and the company that it takes to eat it
- a book of "Sudoku puzzles for stress relief"
- pizza and a blog about me on August 8
- many kind words
- many insensitive words from the fucking nurse that I now hate
- more good well-wishes to cover up the bad ones about the nurse

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so, so sorry.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Much like vanilla ice cream, presents go good with everything.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home