My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My friend Lisa had a baby recently, and in preparation for the birth came the discussion of several baby-related topics between me and my daughter. Weeks in advance, she'd sit down to the dinner table and begin with, "What's the umbilical cord again?" So then came the explanation about how exactly babies eat before they're born. She seemed intrigued by the talk, and naturally I kept talking.

We're in the middle of Joann Fabrics when, from the buggy, Adam and I hear a pretty rockin' song from our 4-year-old.

"PLACENTA, PLACENTA... placenta... PLACENTA, placentaaaAAAA...."
"Um, Amaris? Are you singing about placenta?"
"Yeah!"
"Do you know what a placenta is?"
"Hmmm - no? PLACENTA, PLACEN...."
"Wait - don't sing about placentas here. I'll tell you what that is later - then you can sing in the car."

1 Comments:

Blogger Blayblogger said...

There's a sesame street special in there somewhere.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home