My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Monday, December 04, 2006

me: "Are you still in Miami?"

my mother: "YES! We're on the beach right now, and I'm trying to decide if I should get a yellow or a red rose tattooed on my ankle."

"WHAT???"

"YEAH! But then I just told your dad that I REALLY should get a daisy since those are the flowers I carried in my wedding!"

"You're going to get a tattoo. On your body."

hysteria.

"YEAH! You know, from that show..." in the background: "Gene, what is the name of that show?" "Oh, yeah, Miami Ink. We passed by it three times already! We saw one of those guys sitting outside!"

"Your dad says, 'Now WHAT are you going to do with a TATTOO?'"

more hysteria.

"So I think we're going after the beach, but he doesn't want to come in, so he's going to drop me off and drive around a few times until I can decide. I'm just going to ask them about prices. And maybe I'll just get a t-shirt instead."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did she get the tattoo????
And if so, who did it?????

I'd like Chris Garver to do mine, if/when the time comes.

7:44 PM  
Blogger rob said...

HA! Nope - she couldn't even get in because they were filming. She was disappointed because she couldn't even peek in the windows - they were blacked-out.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home