My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's 2 weeks into the new year, and I've conciously tried not to make any resolutions.
But there are certain signs that I NEED to make some, otherwise I'll forever feel like Miss Havisham, stuck in a rut without time.
- dog hair will overtake my house, and we'll have to swim through it to get out the front door
- one of these days, the first words to my daughter won't be, "can you just read a book for a little while so mommy can sleep some more?"
- "I need some fruit. Hmmm, pears, kiwi, bananas.... CHOCOLATE. YES. Chocolate will do."
- instead of speaking the Spanish I've promised to teach her since last year, I constantly hear very dramatic Spanish soap opera "spanish," complete with flailing arms and worried expressions. "Cobleeba sopleka TANOUSA! Sepauda combleeby panOTA! Mommy, roll your tongue again. Pleeeaaassse...."

So far, yoga is doing the trick. It's getting me back on track. If only I could muster up the energy to shave my legs. Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger CheyneCuts+Collects said...

telenovela spanish = underrated
shaving legs = overrated*
yoga = will save the world

*and I wonder why I don't have a boyfriend.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not relate to this post more! Except we have two cats instead of the dog (booooo - i reeeeeally want a dog. a studio dog!) and no offspring.

But yeah. The shaving bit... ugh.

Yay for new posts!
Keep 'em coming, lady.

8:46 AM  
Blogger rob said...

C:
The funny part is, Amaris has never in her life seen a Spanish soap opera. Once, she made me keep it on the Spanish radio station, and maybe she relates a certain attitude with a foreign language?

B:
Studio dogs are great. I had one once that peed on nancy's floor in the old uta building. The owner reclaimed him and i was sad. Then we got reuven who moved to alaska and is now living in san fransisco. Coco and baxter are our dogs now. They're crazy and wish to do more artwork.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home