My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Friday, January 12, 2007

Yesterday was one of those days when it was about to rain at any moment, and every ounce of my attitude was caught up in that negative energy.
I made my daughter cry like 6 times before 9:30 am. I made her take the hot pink lip gloss off before school, I brushed her hair too hard, I rushed us out the door, I forgot her blanket and animal to sleep with, I didn't let her pack the lunch. Okay, 5 times.
After feeling quite guilty, I'd periodically call home and find out if her day at school was okay, if she was happy, or if I had destroyed her entire being in a matter of minutes. I hugged her about 80 times when I got home from work and made up for things with glitter. And mazes. And 3 stories instead of the standard 2.
The universe is telling me now that things are getting better. It really IS raining now, and it's so quiet and nice here. My 100 pound lab is snoring, I'm the only one awake, and it's now one of those nights where creativity comes very easily.
Also, Girl Scout cookies help EVERYTHING.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thin mints!

What's in your GS repertoire?

9:03 AM  
Blogger CheyneCuts+Collects said...

the ones with stripes.
or peanut butter.
or just.
sugar.
those would do.

heh. glitter.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home