My Life as a Kung Fu Fighter

Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm not quite sure when this happened exactly, but I've become obsessed with the time of day, and which events should occur at which time. I am very much a believer in routine and a schedule, to the point where I refuse to go to bed before 10:30pm. There are too many productive things to do before that magic hour. And when I've run out of productive things? I eat too much and google things that don't really matter.
Tonight, it's 9pm, and I've finished everything I had planned. But it's not yet 10:30! So should I read a book? Write a letter? Naaah... Google!
I keep thinking of this reoccuring conversation about Girl Scout cookies and the name changes. Why aren't there any more Samoas and Trefoils? What about Do-Si-Dos? The only one they kept was Thin Mints. That's not so special, Thin Mints. I guess it's self-explanatory, unlike Tagalongs. Were the names keeping sales down? If the client can't immediately tell from the name of the cookie EXACTLY what they're going to ingest, I guess it was just better to change the names altogether. Apparently, there are two different bakeries that have the same recipes. Some scout troops sell from one bakery, some from the other.
Seriously, this is the most absurd thing I've heard of. But from my days as a Brownie, I think I might have to order next year from those who sell the traditionally named cookies. It's too late for 2007 - we already have a stock of Peanut Butter Patties and Caramel Delights. They're half gone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we got em from the wrong bakery girl scout contract bakery this year because those "caramel delights" are no Samoas, that's for damn sure.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn, didn't self edit that well this time "bakery girl scout contract bakery" - that just ruins the whole comment. forget it.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home